7 Yoga Poses To Burn Lower Belly Fat
An erroneous lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits, lack of exercise, and high stress levels – all of these give rise to a flabby tummy.
The wider your abdomen, the higher is the level of risk. And, there are no shortcuts to get rid of abdominal fat. Proper diet, combined with a good fitness routine, can definitely help you reduce belly fat to a large extent.
This is where yoga comes into play. It not only helps decrease abdominal fat, but also allows you to control your body and mind like never before!
Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat
1. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana is an ideal warm-up pose. It improves the circulation of blood, thereby ensuring that your body is ready for the other poses in store.
How To Do
- Stand with your feet flat, heels slightly spread out, and the big toes of your feet in contact with each other. Keep the spine erect with hands on both sides and palms facing your body.
- Stretch your hands to the front and bring the palms close to each other.
- Inhaling deeply, stretch your spine. Raising your folded hands up above your head, stretch as much as you can.
- Try lifting your ankles and standing on your toes, with the eyes facing the ceiling. If you cannot stand on your toes, you can keep your feet flat on the ground, while your eyes face the ceiling.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Inhale deeply, and while exhaling, slowly relax and bring your feet back to the floor.
- Repeat the asana 10 times, increasing the count gradually. Relax for 10 seconds before you attempt the next repetition. The picture given above is a variation for beginners.