Are you finding it difficult to fit into your little black number? Is belly fat giving you sleepless nights? If your answer is yes, you need to make some lifestyle changes to get the figure of your dreams. No doubt, belly fat looks aesthetically displeasing. It can assume serious proportions and affect long term health, if not curbed at the right time.
Dieting and exercise go hand in hand. If you thought that only dieting will burn your belly fat, you are wrong. If you really want to lose weight, you need to include an hour of exercise in your daily routine for targeting and reducing belly fat.
Nothing burns belly fat faster than crunches, which occupy the number one position in fat-burning exercises. Now, it’s time that you start performing this exercise.
How To Do
- Lie down flat on a mat with your knees bent and feet on the ground. Alternatively, you can also lift your legs off the floor at a 90-degree angle. (See picture).
- Lift your hands and place them behind your head, or keep them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Inhale again as you get back down, and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner.
- Repeat another two to three sets.
Dumbbell crossover punch, shoulder press and side crunch, butterfly crunch.
Rising young American actor Trevante Rhodes was an athletic youngster, winning a scholarship to college as a track and field star. In his senior year, Rhodes was spotted by a casting agent while jogging shirtless around campus, who immediately invited him to his first audition.
While performing crunches, instead of entering the full sit-up position, just raise your back a few inches from the ground. This ensures you don’t hurt your back.
Also, don’t jerk your head forward while doing crunches. This will put pressure on your neck and result in pain. Just hold your hands above your head and perform the exercise.
Tip: As you lift your torso, do not sit up straight. Your back should make an angle of 30-40 degrees with the ground. Only then you will feel pressure on your abdominal muscles.
2. Twist Crunches:
Once you get used to the regular crunches, modify the basic crunch to get an even more effective tummy exercise.
How To Do
- Lie down on the floor with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees as you would do in crunches, keeping your feet on the floor.
- You have to lift your upper torso while performing crunches. But, in twist crunches, you have to lift just your right shoulder towards the left, keeping the left side of your torso on the ground.
- Again alternately, lift your left shoulder towards the right, keeping the right side of your torso on the ground.
- Repeat 10 times.
3. Side Crunch:
How To Do
- This is same as the twist crunch exercise. The only difference is that you need to tilt your legs to the same side simultaneously with your shoulders. The side crunch focuses on the muscles on your sides.
- Make sure you keep your movements steady and slow. The midsection, being a complex area, could hurt if you perform the twists in a hurried fashion.